Enter your text here...
with Macadamia Nuts
When in doubt make this keto snack. It will make you feel better.
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Crust
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1,5 cups cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk canned room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or coconut extract
- 1/2 cup large flaked coconut lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 325F and wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan in foil.
- In a food processor, process macadamia nuts on high until coarsely chopped.
- Add coconut, sweetener and salt and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (it may begin to clump together because of the high oil content of the macadamias).
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and add oil or melted butter. Stir to combine well. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Beat in sweetener until well combined.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl and beaters as needed. Then beat in coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract until smooth.
- Brush the sides of the springform pan with a little oil or melted butter and then pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet and place on the center rack on the oven. On the rack below, place a large baking dish filled with water.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until edges are set and center just barely jiggles when shaken. Remove and let cool completely.
- Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan and remove sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 or 4 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, sweetener and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut (I simply toasted mine in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking until coconut was lightly browned).