Enter your text here...
and Tomato Frittata
A wonderful dish for vegetarians and non-vegetarians!
- 6-8 oz. fresh asparagus ends trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp. dill weed dried
- 4 oz. Havarti cheese cut into small cubes (or use any type of mild white cheese that melts well)
- 6 eggs beaten well
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Sliced green onions for garnish optional
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus spears, then cut asparagus into pieces about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, add asparagus and cook 3-4 minutes.
- While asparagus cooks, dice the cherry tomatoes into halves (or fourths if they’re large) and dice the cheese into small pieces.
- After asparagus has cooked for 3-4 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and dill weed and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat well.
- When tomatoes have cooked for 2 minutes, pour eggs over, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, then sprinkle cheese over the top. (There will be some pieces of asparagus and tomatoes poking up at this point, but the frittata will puff up more as it cooks.)
- Start to preheat the broiler.
- Cover pan and cook on low heat about 8-10 minutes, or until eggs are set and the cheese is completely melted on the top.
- Put frittata under the broiler for a few minutes, checking carefully to see when it’s starting to get brown.
- When the top is browned to your liking, cut the frittata into four wedges, garnish with sliced green onions, and serve hot.
Keto Asparagus and Tomato Frittata
Amount Per Serving
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Vitamin A 746IU15%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.