Enter your text here...
Easy to make, meaty and flavorful, served over zucchini noodles. So yummy!
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 oz. celery stalks
- 25 oz. ground beef
- 3 oz. butter or olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- water optional
For the noodles
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- salt or pepper
- Chop the vegetables finely. Sauté in butter or olive oil until soft and add the ground beef.
- Sauté on high heat until everything has turned a nice color. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and let simmer on medium high for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat some more. Add water if the sauce is getting too thick. Let simmer for 20 minutes or more. The longer the sauce is allowed to simmer, the better the flavor.
- In the meantime, make the noodles. Use a spiralizer, mandolin or peeler to make long, thin strips of zucchini.
- Heat a frying pan and toss them around quickly in butter or olive oil. A minute is enough to keep them from going to soft.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the noodles warm with the hot sauce on top. Finish with a good grating of Parmesan cheese.
Keto Bolognese Noodles
Amount Per Serving
Calories 762 Calories from Fat 549
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 26g163%
Vitamin A 1416IU28%
Vitamin C 55mg67%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.