Enter your text here...
Keto Cream Chicken
Perfect for a warm, comfort food evening or an elegant, special dinner. The bone-in will give you a juicier end result.
Keto Cream Chicken with Mushrooms
- 2 pounds Chicken Thighs Drumsticks or Breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 3 tbsp Butter divided
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 8 oz. Brown Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp dry herbs oregano or thyme
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- Pat dry chicken. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown each side of chicken, about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining Tablespoon of butter then add onions & garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until softened and then add the mushrooms. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté until onions, garlic and mushrooms until all become soft and caramelized about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk the coconut flour into the cream. Then add the cream/flour mixture, wine and chicken stock into the pan with the mushrooms & onion. Give it a good stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add the herbs, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. After the liquids reach a simmer, reduce heat & continue to cook on a low simmer for another 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Taste sauce for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with mushroom cream sauce ladled over chicken.