Enter your text here...
Keto Cream Chicken
Perfect for a warm, comfort food evening or an elegant, special dinner. The bone-in will give you a juicier end result.
- 2 pounds Chicken Thighs Drumsticks or Breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 3 tbsp Butter divided
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 8 oz. Brown Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp dry herbs oregano or thyme
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- Pat dry chicken. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown each side of chicken, about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining Tablespoon of butter then add onions & garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until softened and then add the mushrooms. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté until onions, garlic and mushrooms until all become soft and caramelized about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk the coconut flour into the cream. Then add the cream/flour mixture, wine and chicken stock into the pan with the mushrooms & onion. Give it a good stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add the herbs, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. After the liquids reach a simmer, reduce heat & continue to cook on a low simmer for another 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Taste sauce for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with mushroom cream sauce ladled over chicken.
Keto Cream Chicken with Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 621
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 30g188%
Vitamin A 1339IU27%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.