Enter your text here...
Keto Duck Confit
A 5-Star Restaurant meal in the comfort of your home. A meal made to impress!
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried sage or dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 10 allspice berries
- 5 peppercorns white
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 duck legs
- 2¼ lbs butter or ghee or duck fat
- 1½ lbs rutabaga
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- In a mortar, crush the spices together with the sea salt. Wipe the duck with kitchen paper and pat dry, then rub the spice mixture over the duck. Let sit for a while at room temperature.
- Fry the duck legs in plenty of butter or ghee for a few minutes. You can even skip this step if you want but it adds an extra nice flavor and color.
- Put the duck and the gravy in the slow cooker. Add finely chopped onion and garlic, then pour over the butter, ghee or duck fat so the meat is completely covered. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Strain the cooking juices, set aside the onion, and pour into a glass jar. Cool quickly so the fat solidifies and the broth separates. Remove the fat with a spoon and save the broth for the sauce. Keep the fat in a jar, so you can use it for cooking later.
- Peel and slice the rutabaga into half-inch (1 cm) pieces. Brush with oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven (365°F/185°C) for 20 minutes or until they get soft.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, stir in vinegar, mustard and tomato paste. Add sour cream or heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste, add some more vinegar if needed
Keto Duck Confit
Amount Per Serving
Calories 2812 Calories from Fat 2565
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 170g1063%
Vitamin A 439IU9%
Vitamin C 50mg61%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.