Enter your text here...
Keto Instant Pot
Who would have thought this classic dish could be this easy to do? With the help of our friend the Pressure Cooker, it will be a delight for dinner and you'll want to have the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 strips bacon diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms quartered
- 2 carrots chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Generously season beef chunks with salt and pepper, and set aside. Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. When the display reads HOT, add diced bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until crispy, stirring frequently. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the beef to the pot in a single layer and cook for a few minutes to brown, then flip and repeat for the other side. Transfer to a plate when done.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes to soften, stirring frequently. Add red wine and tomato paste, using a wooden spoon to briefly scrape up flavorful brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Stir to check that the tomato paste is dissolved. Turn off the sauteé mode.
- Transfer the beef back to the pot. Add mushrooms, carrots, and thyme, stirring together. Top with bay leaves. Secure and seal the lid. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes, followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and select the saute mode. Remove bay leaves. Evenly sprinkle coconut flour over the pot and stir together. Let the stew boil for a minute to thicken while stirring. Turn off the sauteé mode. Serve into bowls and top with crispy bacon.