Enter your text here...
Keto Italian cabbage
It gives you a sort-of feeling you get by eating pasta, but in this case there are no carbs to make you feel heavy and spike your sugar levels.
- 25 oz. green cabbage
- 5 oz. butter divided
- 20 oz. ground beef
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 oz. leeks thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Shred the green cabbage finely with a sharp knife or in a food processor.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, melt half of the butter. Add the cabbage and fry for about 10 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add vinegar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well incorporated. Transfer the sauteed cabbage to a large bowl.
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan. Add the garlic and leeks, and sauté for a minute.
- Add meat, and continue frying until cooked through. Sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomato paste and mix well. Lower the heat a little and add reserved cabbage and fresh basil. Stir until cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of sour cream or mayonnaise.
Keto Italian cabbage stir-fry
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1065 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 36g225%
Vitamin A 1730IU35%
Vitamin C 70mg85%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.