Enter your text here...
Keto Meat Pie
Easy to make and the best of all, you can make everyone happy about this classic meal.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 8 tbsp sesame seeds
- 8 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 6 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp water
- 15 oz. cottage cheese
- 15 oz. shredded cheese
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 40 oz. ground beef or ground lamb
- 2 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 8 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until onion is soft. Add ground beef and keep frying. Add oregano or basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste or ajvar relish. Add water. Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. While the meat simmers, make the dough for the crust.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough turns into a ball. If you don't have a food processor, you can mix by hand with a fork.
- Place a round piece of parchment paper in a well-greased springform pan or deep-dish pie pan — 9-10 inches (23-25 cin diameter — to make it easier to remove the pie when it's done. Spread the dough in the pan and up along the sides. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers. Once the crust is shaped to the pan, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the meat in the crust. Mix cottage cheese and shredded cheese together, and layer on top of the pie.
- Bake on lower rack for 30-40 minutes or until the pie has turned a golden color.
Keto Meat Pie
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1292 Calories from Fat 918
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 42g263%
Vitamin A 983IU20%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.