Enter your text here...
Keto Naan Bread
Naan bread comes from Central and Southern Asia. Delicious and healthy. Let's not miss it!
Keto Naan Bread
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Ground psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder optional
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Melted coconut oil
- 2 cups Boiling water
- Coconut Oil for frying optional
- Sea salt
For the Garlic Butter
- 4 oz Butter
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add oil and boiling water (hold some of it back in case it's not needed) and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to rise for five minutes. The dough will turn firm fairly quickly, but stay flexible. It should resemble the consistency of Play-Doh. If you find it’s too runny then add more psyllium husk until it feels right. If it's too firm, add some of the remaining water. The amount needed may vary depending on what brand of husk or coconut flour you use.
- Divide into 6 or 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands directly on parchment paper or on the kitchen counter.
- Fry rounds in a skillet over medium heat until the Naan turn a nice golden color. Depending on your skillet you can add some coconut oil to it so the bread doesn't stick.
- Heat the oven to 140°F (70°C) and keep the bread warm while you make more.
- Melt the butter and stir in the freshly squeezed garlic. Apply the melted butter on the bread pieces using a brush and sprinkle flaked salt on top.
- Pour the rest of the garlic butter in a bowl and dip pieces of bread in it.