Enter your text here...
Keto Pancakes with
Fried Pork Belly
Pancakes are not only for the sweet tooth, they are a perfect fit for savory meals such as this one, where Pork Belly is the crispy star of the dish!
Keto Pancakes with Fried Pork Belly
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ lb zucchini finely grated
- 1 yellow onion finely grated
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 oz. butter for frying
- ½ cup lingonberries optional
- Whisk the eggs, cream and water with an electric mixer until you get a smooth batter. Salt and pepper. Slowly sprinkle in the psyllium husk powder while mixing continuously to avoid lumps. Allow to swell for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and onion to the batter.
- In a frying pan, fry the pork belly in butter until crispy. Keep the pork belly warm in the oven. Reserve the fat in the pan for frying the pancakes.
- Fry the pancakes over medium-high heat. Use ½ cup (1 dof batter per pancake. Don't be too eager, wait until the top is almost done before flipping the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with the crispy pork belly and some lingonberries, if you're using any.