Enter your text here...
with Flaky Crust
A delicious dish for any ocassion!
Keto Quiche with Flaky Crust
- 1 Low Carb Sweet Crust
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- When making the sweet pie curst add in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Chill for 30-60 minutes in the fridge to firm up prior to rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the chilled pie crust between two sheets of parchment paper and transfer to your pie/tart pan. Form the crust to the sides of the pan and remove any excess.
- Line the inside of the pie crust with a square of parchment paper and fill to the edges with pie weights or use another oven safe pan/pot (as shown in video) to prevent crust from inflating.
- Bake the crust for about 15 minutes, until pale golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend until well combined.
- Layer the bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Cover the edges with foil or a pie crust shield if they are very exposed, then bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean.
- The center will be set but still slightly jiggly. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Best stored in the fridge in glass container up to 5 days.