Enter your text here...
Perfect for snacking or a nice lunch!
- ½ cup unsweetened tomato sauce
- 8 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil or dried oregano
- salt and pepper optional
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites fluffy and continue to whisk with a hand mixer, preferably for a few minutes. Add cream cheese and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Mix salt, psyllium husk and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add the flour mix one spoon at a time into the batter and continue to whisk some more. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter is thick like an American pancake batter. How fast the batter will swell depends on the brand of psyllium husk – some trial and error might be needed.
- Bring out two baking sheets and place parchment paper on each. Using a spatula, spread the batter thinly (no more than ¼ inch thick) into 4–6 circles or 2 rectangles.
- Bake on the upper rack for about 5 minutes or more, until the base turns a little brown around the edges. Carefully check the bottom side so that it doesn't burn.
- Turn your oven up to 450°F (225°C).
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste, sauce or ajvar (roasted red pepper sauce) on each low-carb tortilla bread. Salt and pepper if needed.
- Bake the mini pizzas in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Keto Vegetarian Mini Pizzas
Amount Per Serving
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 17g106%
Vitamin A 1206IU24%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.