Have you heard that a body detox, also known as a cleanse, has a number of health benefits? If so, you may be ready to try a detox diet. Before doing so, it is important to truly know what you are getting into. That is why you should first know the pros and cons of body detoxification.
- Detox removes toxins from your body. The goal of a detox diet or cleanse is to expel unnatural toxins from your body. These toxins can come from foods, the environment, even contaminated drinking water. After a detox, your body may feel as if it is “new.”
- Your options. Due to late-night infomercials, many mistakenly believe that you need to buy a detox pill or foot patch. Yes, these items can help you, but they are not required. There are more natural ways for you to cleanse your body. Consuming organic only foods, exercising, increasing your water intake and your fiber intake can help to improve your body. Water fasting, juice fasting, and Master Cleanse are other popular detox diets.
- Affordability. As previously stated, you do not need to buy pills or other over-the-counter products to detox. If you opt for a water fast, you can use your tap water. In terms of detox products, read reviews to find a product that works and then compare prices online. For organic, all-natural foods, look for the best deals, as well as money-saving coupons.
- It is relatively easy. Body detoxification is a lot easier than many individuals first anticipate. The good news is that you can choose the process. Water fasting may produce the best result, but you may find the lack of food to be difficult or even painful. In that case, the switch to organic foods with water and fiber can help you detox your body with ease and comfort.
- Weight loss. Body detoxification and cleansing is not considered a weight loss plan, but it typically results in weight loss. This is common when you eliminate unnatural foods from your diet, which are often high in sugar, sodium, calories, and fat. If your main goal is to lose weight, a detox diet is not recommended. On the other hand, if you want to improve your overall health, you can benefit from it.
- Increased energy. There is some debate as to whether or not a detox diet improves energy, but many claim it does. In fact, people who have successfully completed a detox diet were pleased with the results. When toxins build up inside the human body, it impacts the body and its internal organs in many ways.
- The dangers. Yes, a detox diet has many benefits, but there are many risks involved. For that reason, you should consult with a healthcare professional before starting a strenuous detox diet, such as Master Cleanse or a water fast.
- In keeping with the dangers, you can easily negate this con my listening to your body. If on a water fast and you start vomiting or fainting, it may be time to stop. Your body is signaling to you that it needs food. Many experts recommend cleansing the body for at least two weeks, but some cannot do so. Even if you water fast for three days, you should still see and feel many benefits.